Autumn is a dangerous time for weight gain. As the weather turns cool, we turn towards heavier comfort foods. Chilly winds and rainy days make going outside to exercise less than enticing, and all of the sudden our gyms and yoga studios feel oh-so-far-away.
To combat autumn weight gain, try these seasonal recipes, full of fiber, protein, and healthy carbs, known to burn fat, boost metabolism, and ultimately lead to weight loss.
Broccoli and Feta Omelette with Whole Grain Toast (Health.com)
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1/4 dried dill
1. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
2. Coat pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add feta and dill and mix.
4. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Cook for 3- 4 minutes. Flip omelette and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Serve with whole grain toast or rye bread
Read more on Next page